Environmental microbiology and molecular ecology
The research group investigates microorganisms in natural and technological systems. The focus is on the exploration of the basic principles for a better understanding of microbiological water quality and the establishment/development of relevant diagnostic procedures. The application-oriented aspect is taken into account at all times.
The group is currentliy working on the following subjects:
- Diagnostics/microbiology of microbial indicators and biomarkers
- Microbial ecology of water resources
- Analysis/management of microbiological contamination
- Analysis/management of the microbiological quality of (drinking) water resources
- Management of interdisciplinary projects in the field of water & health
The group is especially interested in the application and further development of biomolecular methods.
In the fields of expertise related to molecular biology & genetic engineering, the group is in close scientific collaboration with Prof. Dr. Robert Mach.